Hack the Space Day - This Saturday

Katie Marriott

Nov 22, 2023, 5:16:17 AM11/22/23
to Leeds Hack Space
 Hack the Space Day! Saturday 25th November

It's that day already. If you're not in the know, Hack the Space happens every third Saturday of the month. The space is ran by volunteers/members, the maintenance and cleaning staff are the members. So this is a chance to give the space a clean, do any maintenance and just make general improvements.

New Members/those trying to get 24/7 membership this is an Excellent chance to get gold stars. Come down, clean the fridge, talk to people... Make sure we know your name!

There's something for every ability, from maintaining equipment to cleaning the kitchen/toilets.

You don't have to come for the whole day, half an hour is enough for some tasks

And as always I am sure there will be a pub trip after :grin: (all the nearby drinking holes are very friendly, and have good options for those who do not partake in alcohol too)
20231122_100149_0000.png

Mark Wainwright

Nov 22, 2023, 2:25:22 PM11/22/23
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
In case anyone is putting future Hack the Space days in there diary it is the 4th Saturday of the month not the 3rd. So the 25th of Nov is correct.
However we probably won’t do one in December unless we do it on one of the other Saturdays

Regards Mark

Mark Wainwright

Nov 26, 2023, 12:11:09 PM11/26/23
to Leeds Hack Space
a Big thank you to everyone that came and helped with "Hack the Space" this weekend. a small group but lots achieved
  • toilets cleaned
  • Kitchen Cleaned
  • Dishwasher re salted/rinse aided and is currently on a clean cycle
  • Scrap wood removed from rear corridor
  • Scrap wood sorted in workshop
  • new Signage in various areas
  • Tuck Shop restocked
  • other jobs done in various areas inc craft, chill out, laser, workshop and 3d printer areas
  • Workshop extractor bag swapped as overfull.
If there's anyone heading to the tip or willing to do a special run there are a few items in the entrance way ready to go
  • 4x black  bags of acrylic waste (general waste)
  • 1x clear dust extractor bag, very heavy (general waste)
  • stacked wood and box of wood it is stack on