Mini "Hack the Space Session" tomorrow (Sat) 11am-3pm

Mark Wainwright

Jul 29, 2022, 7:49:39 AM7/29/22
to Leeds Hack Space
Hi All,
Mini "Hack the Space Session" tomorrow (Sat) 11am-3pm. Mainly to get the craft area ready to have the Loom taken away, but would be good to also
  • Have some of the other areas of the space tidied/cleaned. especially electronics Bench
  • tip run with excess scrap laser ply and scrap wood
  • audit of members storage so we know who uses which space and whether we can make space for new members
  • etc.
If you can spare anytime to help out, even 10 mins or just a tip run any help would be appreciated

Christopher Stanton

Jul 29, 2022, 8:01:34 AM7/29/22
to Leeds Hack Space
Is the member storage more dry now ?

Mark Wainwright

Jul 29, 2022, 8:57:12 AM7/29/22
to Leeds Hack Space
Hi Stanto,
yes its a lot drier than it used to be, currently only a single leak in the back corner. the bad one that used to drip down in centre has been fixed

Mark

samson B

Jul 29, 2022, 10:32:57 AM7/29/22
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Not sure ill be in tomorrow but ill pop in after work make sure my members storage is still labeled :)

Mark Wainwright

Jul 29, 2022, 11:46:40 AM7/29/22
to Leeds Hack Space
not planning to empty membership storage slots out on Saturday just make a record of whats currently named/or not and then try to find out who owns the non named units and whether ex-members want to claim the stuff they've left behind. so we can start getting new members places to store their stuff on site. also if we ever needed to clear the storage we know who owns what

Gazz

Jul 29, 2022, 12:09:56 PM7/29/22
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
I no longer need my members storage slot,
i got it when i was using the hack spaces 3D printer to leave a reel or 2 of filament at the space, but as i now have a 3D printer at home i do not need to store anything at the space any more.

My members storage slot is easily identifiable, with a yellow and black vinyl sticker resembling a cars numberplate, with GAZZ on it.

I think there may be a couple of offcuts of laser ply in it, which i do not need (i can't recall if i removed them or not, if they are still there, feel free to put them on the offcuts shelf)

 And i left a PC graphics card to be used in one of the spaces computers if wanted,   this was done just before covid shut things down, so if the graphics card is still there, feel free to move it somewhere where it can be used to maybe upgrade one of the hack spaces computers.

Gazz

Mark Wainwright

Jul 29, 2022, 12:19:26 PM7/29/22
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gazz,

yep laser offcuts, graphics card and 3 pin plug with 1 metre cord all redistributed accordingly. and slot given to a new member who was storing their box on the top of the storage units.

Kind Regards Mark

Leeds Hackspace

Adam Burke

Aug 6, 2022, 8:26:26 AM8/6/22