KiCad component size chart and other KiCad resources

onlyhalfdone

Jun 7, 2024, 10:41:01 AMJun 7
to Leeds Hack Space
Hiya, so inspired to design some printed circuit boards for hextensions I've started to learn KiCad, however my immediate stumbling block is not understanding name types / sizes of specific components.

I'm looking for a good size chart for resistors, capacitors, connectors etc. as well as spacings of component pins? I started messing about trying to create a circuit and was over faced with the choice of components, then picking out the correct footprint!

I've done the usual google search but flooded with results I don't understand. I've seen some sizing charts that are made of actual printed circuit board. Has any one a spare one I could have / buy, or has a KiCad file of one I could import and use for reference?

Any good resource links for circuit design sharing sites or good youtubers would be amazing.

thanks A.