Space temperature

Gazz

Jul 18, 2022, 7:12:38 PM7/18/22
to Leeds Hack Space
Is there a temp bot in the space?   if so how do i ping it or what ever i do to find out how hot it is over there atm?

i need to do a bit more laser cutting, and was wondering how the space cools once the suns gone down.... i.e should i aim to pop over at midnight, or 3 am.

timpin

Jul 20, 2022, 11:48:39 AM7/20/22
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gazz
The roof is a solid concrete slab. Great for storing heat. Best time would be 6am before the next heating cycle begins.

There is a temperature sensor which used to be publicly available. Not sure what’s happening with that.

On Tue, 19 Jul 2022 at 00:12, Gazz <ga...@kampenwagen.co.uk> wrote:
Is there a temp bot in the space?   if so how do i ping it or what ever i do to find out how hot it is over there atm?

i need to do a bit more laser cutting, and was wondering how the space cools once the suns gone down.... i.e should i aim to pop over at midnight, or 3 am.

Tim

timpin

Jul 20, 2022, 11:51:02 AM7/20/22
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Sadly the temp sensor hasn’t updated for almost 3 years.
--
Tim

Gazz

Jul 20, 2022, 12:05:23 PM7/20/22
to Leeds Hack Space
cheers,
hopefully the weather will cool down a little over the next few days,

and once i get my panels cut again, this time i will make sure the awkward one is the right way around before using a glue that melts the plastic and welds it together :D

samson B

Jul 21, 2022, 3:57:16 AM7/21/22
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
hi all Ben is working on the temp sensor hopefully he will getting it working soon but hes away at the moment

Matt Dyson-Bird (CuppaMatt)

Jul 21, 2022, 11:07:14 AM7/21/22
to Leeds Hack Space
If Ben doesn't get chance to pick it up I'm working on a temp/humidity sensor setup for some areas I want to monitor at work and would be happy to add on one for the space.

Matt

Robin Wood

Jul 21, 2022, 11:08:45 AM7/21/22
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com

samson B

Jul 22, 2022, 3:43:48 AM7/22/22
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
i beleave ben has it working its the ping temp bot in slack thats currently broken