3d scanning capacity

James

May 1, 2024, 2:10:53 AMMay 1
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Is there any 3d scanning capacity at hackspace at the moment?

Joe

May 1, 2024, 5:35:03 AMMay 1
to Leeds Hack Space
I have access to a Pop3 (https://global.revopoint3d.com/en-uk/pages/portable-3d-scanner-pop3) which is a great piece of kit.

BUT... likely won't be able to bring it to the space until around the 21st May. If you need something sooner, I've had good experience just scanning with a modern iPhone Lidar. There are some good apps out there. What're you looking to scan?

Christopher Stanton

May 2, 2024, 2:11:16 PMMay 2
to Leeds Hack Space
How good is this at fine detail?

I'd like to make a scan of the enclosure for valve's steam deck for something I could 3D print, because there aren't many/any good accurate 3D models of it at present.

Joe

May 3, 2024, 6:29:07 AMMay 3
to Leeds Hack Space
More than capable of scanning something like that. For sure

Jonathan Rushworth

May 3, 2024, 12:37:41 PMMay 3
to Leeds Hack Space
If it helps valve put out the 3d files for the steam deck

Christopher Stanton

May 3, 2024, 12:50:02 PMMay 3
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Yes, they put out the 3D files of the exterior of the steam deck, but not the interior, it's like a solid lump.