Caretaker wanted for Hackspace Mini CNC

J C

May 15, 2023, 2:56:24 PM5/15/23
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi All.

Tim has donated his small CNC for use at the hackspace but it could do with someone/ people taking on:
  •  getting it set up (with a  computer, monitor, power transformer)
  • maintenance/ checking its all working/ arranging any improvements/ upgrades
  • completing a risk assessment
  • ideally writing and running inductions on it for other members.
Support is available but It would be good to have someone who isn't trying to do 5 other things at once around the hackspace.

Any volunteers? let me know on here / slack or find me during an open night

Thanks

Joe

DrBwts

May 16, 2023, 10:14:23 AM5/16/23
to Leeds Hack Space
Potentially interested but would need more information about the machine.

Nic

timpin

May 21, 2023, 3:36:02 PM5/21/23
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nic
It’s the original Sienci One Mill. Has a RPi for stepper motor control and should run standard Gcode.
I was at the point where I just needed to set it up but then realised I was completely out of my depth. This should have been my way in to cnc machines but I bottled it ☹️

I’m away for the next week but when I get back I’ll try to help with documentation etc as much as I can and see if there are any other bits I’ve forgotten about.

Tim

DrBwts

May 22, 2023, 6:03:16 AM5/22/23
to Leeds Hack Space
Thanks Tim that would be greatly appreciated.

Nic

DrBwts

Jun 29, 2023, 5:57:09 AM6/29/23
to Leeds Hack Space
Hi - any movement on this?

Nic

J C

Jun 29, 2023, 6:18:07 PM6/29/23
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Sorry. Holiday got in the way. We don't have a transformer so I'm going to talk to Ben on Tuesday about other options for the spindle.

Joe

David Chima

Jun 30, 2023, 7:23:28 AM6/30/23
to Leeds Hack Space
I'm happy to get involved.
I don't have any previous experience with CNC.
The closest experience I have is with setting up one of the first commercially available 3D printers that was sold by Farnell many years ago

Vincent

Jul 1, 2023, 9:46:17 AM7/1/23
to Leeds Hack Space
I'd be interested in helping out as well.  No previous CNC experience though.

DrBwts

Jul 3, 2023, 4:35:48 AM7/3/23
to Leeds Hack Space
No problem Joe