2nd Update of 2021

Mark Wainwright

Mar 2, 2021, 3:05:23 PM3/2/21
to Leeds Hack Space

Hi fellow Leeds Hackspace member,

So the major news at the end of Feb has been the Government announcing its “Roadmap out of Lockdown”. Looking at this roadmap and using the information we have received from the council regarding our grants, it is looking likely that we may be able to start the reopening process in step 3 so no earlier than 17th May. Obviously as time moves on and we move through steps 1 & 2 and further announcements are made regarding social distancing we will keep you informed on this and the when, hows and whats etc. of our plan to reopen.

 Given the current financial climate we are so thankful that members are able and continuing to support the Hackspace. We are also aware that some members might be having to make some hard choices, whether you want to reduce your outgoings or take a break please drop the directors an email so we can make a note of it and know you still want to be part of the hackspace community. The committee is also keeping an eye on government COVID grant details to see if we are eligible and other possible income sources to ensure that we remain financially viable and still able to fully reopen when the time comes.

Don’t forget that even though the Hackspace is closed the exemption still remains that we can open to offer support in an emergency. So if we can help under this exemption please continue to email the directors when you would like to access the space and we will try our best to organise this. But please take into account the current situation and decide if travel and access to the Hackspace is necessary.

When requesting access please let us know;

  • The reason (collect, use or borrow etc.)

  • When?

  • How long you will need approximately

  • Any other relevant info

Stay Safe, look after yourself and remember ‘Hands. Face. Hackspace.’

Regards the Committee

Tim Pinder

Apr 11, 2021, 2:50:42 PM4/11/21
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark

I'd hoped we might have had another update, it would be good to know if there's anything we can do to make reopening happen more easily

Tim Pinder

Christopher Stanton

Jun 21, 2021, 8:15:32 PM6/21/21
to Leeds Hack Space