Heritage Jam in Leeds

Lucy Moore

May 22, 2024, 9:04:23 AMMay 22
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leeds Hack Space folks,

Would this opportunity be of interest to any of your community?

My name is Lucy and I'm working on a two-day event called a Heritage Jam https://heritagejam.hosted.york.ac.uk, which is funded by the University of York, but will take place at the University of Leeds from 10-11 June 2024.

The theme this year is "archiving as direct action" and we will be creating a digital game based on the archive about the prehistoric site of Avebury with a specific intent to critique, queer, and disrupt ideas around Avebury and its links to white Englishness. We aren't publicising a call for participation, but were hoping to reach out through our networks to directly recruit people who may be interested. There is a £200 no-strings bursary for participation by minoritised, low wage/precarious researchers and workers.

Please let me know if you are interested, or if you feel comfortable to do so, would you be able to share it with others who might be interested? If replies can go to lucy....@york.ac.uk that would be great.

Cheers
Lucy