Joining hackspace

Rory Clavering

May 21, 2021, 6:40:51 AM5/21/21
to leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm interested in joining Leeds hackspace once you're up and running again.

Not gonna lie, I mostly need access to a sewing machine once in a blue moon, but I'll be interested in workshops and learning stuff too.

I work as a telecoms engineer and am pretty comfortable with hand and small power tools, and can find my way around electronics test equipment if pushed.

I look forward to meeting some new interesting people :)

Thanks,
 Rory

Mark Wainwright

May 22, 2021, 4:25:37 AM5/22/21
to Rory Clavering, leeds-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rory
Thanks for getting in touch, we are currently still closed but hoping that within a very short time we will be reopening for existing members to start using the facilities again for the 1st time in over a year. Once the existing members have settled back into the swing of things and we know more about how the hackspace is operating under new guidelines and the 4th stage of the road map starts we will then look at how to start opening up to potential new members and having open days.
I hope you can understand our focus initially will be on existing members however while you wait to hear more why not join our mailing group and Slack Channel and as soon as we start doing open days/new memberships you'll be one of the 1st to know and you'll have had time to get to know our members via the chat channels
Slack - http://slack.leedshackspace.org.uk/
Kind Regards Mark
Leeds Hackspace
https://leedshackspace.org.uk