Installation paths updates

Georg Rudoy

Aug 27, 2014, 5:16:26 PM8/27/14
to leech...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I've moved QML files installation paths for Vrooby from resources
(where nothing is installed on disk separately from the binary) to
$PREFIX/share/leechcraft/qml{,5}/vrooby. Don't forget to add new paths
to your packages.

Also, all QML-installing plugins now also install QML files to
$PREFIX/share/leechcraft/qml5 (notice the '5' at the end of the path).
There, Qt5-compatible QMLs are stored. Feel free to ignore this
directory if Qt5-enabled builds aren't shipped.

--
Georg Rudoy

Dmitriy Perlow

Aug 28, 2014, 12:02:50 AM8/28/14
to leech...@googlegroups.com, Georg Rudoy
Georg Rudoy <0xd34...@gmail.com> Thu, 28 Aug 2014 00:16:06 +0300:
Imho Qt5 build' files shouldn't be installed if Qt4 is used because you
get file conflicts between different builds or make packagers resolve them
by files purging.

--
Best regards,
Dmitriy DA(P).DarkneSS Perlow @ Linux x64

Georg Rudoy

Aug 28, 2014, 12:19:47 AM8/28/14
to leech...@googlegroups.com
> Imho Qt5 build' files shouldn't be installed if Qt4 is used because you get
> file conflicts between different builds or make packagers resolve them by
> files purging.

How do you get them? Qt4-related set of file is installed into
$PREFIX/leechcraft/qml, Qt5 — into $PREFIX/leechcraft/qml5.

--
Georg Rudoy

Dmitriy Perlow

Aug 28, 2014, 11:53:05 AM8/28/14
to leech...@googlegroups.com, Georg Rudoy
Georg Rudoy <0xd34...@gmail.com> Thu, 28 Aug 2014 07:19:27 +0300:
When Qt4' build is made maintainer will have to purge Qt5 stuff from
packages not to conflict with Qt5' build, will not he or she?

Georg Rudoy

Aug 28, 2014, 1:00:59 PM8/28/14
to leech...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this is true. I haven't thought of such cases.

Anyway, perhaps it's easier to avoid packaging these files on the
package manager level (by merely ignoring a subtree during packaging)
than introduce a bunch of repetitious code in LC build system.

--
Georg Rudoy