LeechCraft and C++14

Georg Rudoy

Apr 16, 2015, 5:40:07 PM4/16/15
to leech...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

Turns out the current state of affairs is that LC can only be built in
C++14 mode if using fully compliant C++ compiler (like clang, since
it's "more fully" compliant than gcc, for instance).

In particular, some GCC kludges break some C++14 code. For example,
I've removed a workaround against g++ not matching a class derived
from an instantiated template class to a template template function (
http://leechcraft.org:8080/job/leechcraft/=debian-unstable/1977/consoleFull
), which seems to break SFINAE with C++14 generic lambdas (see
http://melpon.org/wandbox/permlink/iK8x9BQWwUpQRvWd for an example).

tl;dr: use clang.

--
Georg Rudoy

Dmitriy Perlow

Apr 16, 2015, 11:35:44 PM4/16/15
to leech...@googlegroups.com
Georg Rudoy <0xd34...@gmail.com> Fri, 17 Apr 2015 00:39:47 +0300:
Bravo! No stable openSUSE releases so. Pleace note the last buildable via
gcc commit.

--
Best regards,
Dmitriy DA(P).DarkneSS Perlow @ Linux x64

Dmitriy Perlow

Apr 16, 2015, 11:37:56 PM4/16/15
to leech...@googlegroups.com
Georg Rudoy <0xd34...@gmail.com> Fri, 17 Apr 2015 00:39:47 +0300:

Or did you mean to just forget about C++14 mode that has been already
tricky?

Georg Rudoy

Apr 17, 2015, 6:46:13 AM4/17/15
to leech...@googlegroups.com
> Or did you mean to just forget about C++14 mode that has been already
> tricky?

Yes, exactly. Again: "...can only be built in C++14 mode if using
fully compliant C++ compiler".

For C++11 gcc 4.8.3+ is needed (4.8.2 probably also works, but I
haven't tested).

--
Georg Rudoy