Azoth, Jingle and QtMultimedia

Georg Rudoy

May 26, 2014, 10:40:23 AM5/26/14
to leech...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Azoth currently uses QtMultimedia for audio IO in Jingle. It
previously depended on the QtMultimedia package and used various
kludges to build on distros providing QtMultimediaKit instead of
QtMultimedia.

After some research, though, I realised that QtMultimediaKit is
slightly more advanced and stable than QtMultimedia (it even uses
gstreamer internally instead of working directly with ALSA, for
example!). So, today I ported Azoth to use QtMultimediaKit hoping to
resolve some issues with Jingle support. Happily, they are
source-compatible, so porting was merely writing
FindQtMultimediaKit.cmake and using it.

Currently everything works just fine for me, but you could also test this.

You will need QtMobility/QtMultimediaKit packages to build the all-new
Azoth, pulled by qtmobility-dev on Debian and derivatives and
qt-mobility[multimedia] on Gentoo. As far as I can judge, qtmobility
is also available in SUSE, but you'll need the KDE repo.

Also, the ENABLE_QTMULTIMEDIA_KLUDGE cmake flag is obsolete.
Basically, the current behavior is equivalent to the previous behavior
with this flag set.

--
Georg Rudoy