Improve project's website UI

Angry Pingu

Sep 21, 2023, 7:45:39 PM9/21/23
to LeechCraft
Hi, I would like to work on the usability of your project's website, that is:

1. Correct typos.
2. Point out broken links.
3. Improve the UI (make a new, modern, more readable and user-friendly theme).

But I couldn’t find a repository with the site’s source code. If you are interested in such assistance, how can we organize the work?

(My English is not very good, I can also speak Russian)

Angry Pingu

Sep 22, 2023, 3:17:29 AM9/22/23
to LeechCraft
Hmm... the word "modern" may sound too radical. I don’t mean a “complete redesign”, but, for example, improve the typography, create a sidebar with a tree menu for all subsections, add a search. Applying some colored template is optional.
пятница, 22 сентября 2023 г. в 02:45:39 UTC+3, Angry Pingu:

Georg Rudoy

Sep 23, 2023, 8:49:27 PM9/23/23
to leech...@googlegroups.com
Yep, the web site could definitely use some love, thanks for stepping up!

The sources are at https://github.com/0xd34df00d/lcss . It's a
statically generated site, using Hakyll to ingest a bunch of markdown
and spit out some HTML, themed via pandoc-style templates. These
markdown contents were in turn exported from Drupal when I figured
it's easier to rewrite the site from scratch than upgrade from (IIRC)
Drupal 6 to Drupal-something — the ancestry is complicated, so there
must be some issues there as well. You'll see the traces of this
history in, say, `img_assist` directives for images handling.

Hakyll is surely not the most popular choice for static sites (or any
sites, really), so let me know if you'd like a quick intro on how to
set things up. After that, the flow for typos and styling should be
fairly straightforward, but the search thing might get interesting to
implement, though, given the static nature of the site.

Russian's also good BTW. This list is not too high-traffic, so we
could use it either here, or you could just shoot an email into my
personal inbox — let me know if it does (not) show up as the sender of
this message.

Thanks,
Georg

пт, 22 сент. 2023 г. в 02:17, Angry Pingu <eiree...@gmail.com>:
> --

Georg Rudoy

Angry Pingu

Sep 24, 2023, 9:48:07 AM9/24/23
to LeechCraft
Thank you for such detailed explanation, I'll look into this.

Feel free to make your own suggestions on UI/UX related stuff, if any.
(Anyway, I'll provide some example of my proposed UI changes.)

Well, full-text search, though, will require most fuss on backend... E.g. to build an index with Sphinx via XMLpipe.

воскресенье, 24 сентября 2023 г. в 03:49:27 UTC+3, 0xd34...@gmail.com: