ledger python module documentation

lipp f

Oct 5, 2021, 7:55:13 PM10/5/21
to Ledger
I have seen python/demo.py in the distribution but I am looking for somethin more detaled. Like a standard python module documentation.

Is it available anywhere? TIA.

Martin Michlmayr

Oct 5, 2021, 7:57:13 PM10/5/21
to ledge...@googlegroups.com
* lipp f <flip...@gmail.com> [2021-10-05 16:55]:
> I have seen python/demo.py in the distribution but I am looking for
> somethin more detaled. Like a standard python module documentation.
>
> Is it available anywhere? TIA.

Unfortunately not.

--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/

lipp f

Oct 5, 2021, 9:02:11 PM10/5/21
to Ledger
Actually the module itself has pretty good documentation.

$ python
>>> import ledger
>>> help(ledger)

... and everithing is there.

John Wiegley

Oct 5, 2021, 9:38:57 PM10/5/21
to Martin Michlmayr, ledge...@googlegroups.com

>> I have seen python/demo.py in the distribution but I am looking for
>> somethin more detaled. Like a standard python module documentation.
>>
>> Is it available anywhere? TIA.

MM> Unfortunately not.

There's just the code, in the py*.cc modules, from which you can determine
which types and methods are available.

John

o1bigtenor

Oct 5, 2021, 10:36:16 PM10/5/21
to Ledger
On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 6:55 PM lipp f <flip...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have seen python/demo.py in the distribution but I am looking for somethin more detaled. Like a standard python module documentation.

Is it available anywhere? TIA.

Went looking at the code - - - - IANAP but I like the commenting!
There would seem to be enough comments to make understanding what's
going on fairly straightforward.

What benefit does running this module give?

Regards