Ledger-mode reconcile: space bar not working

Pete Kelly

May 23, 2022, 2:35:54 PM5/23/22
to Ledger
My first time trying to reconcile an account using ledger-mode. I put the cursor on the account to be reconciled, for example,

2022-01-01 Stop & Shop
     Expenses:Groceries   $50
     Assets:Checking     <------- CURSOR ON THIS LINE

then start reconciliation with C-c C-r. The account 'Assets:Checking' is displayed in the minibuffer, I press Enter. The Reconcile buffer appears. I enter the target balance and the cursor appears at the top of the Reconcile buffer When I move the cursor to a transaction and press the space bar to clear it, nothing happens, except that the cursor moves to the right one space.

My Emacs version is 27.2 on MacOS High Sierra

Probably just a beginner mistake on my part, but I can't solve it.

Thank you for any help,
Pete

Pete Kelly

May 23, 2022, 5:48:25 PM5/23/22
to Ledger
Somewhat solved. The spacebar was bound to an evil mode command to move forward one character. I switched from Emacs mode to evil mode with CTRL-Z and now the spacebar is bound correctly to 'ledger-reconcile-toggle.'

Should I put something in my .emacs to disable evil mode in the ledger-mode reconcile buffer? What's the right way to do it?

Thank you,
Pete

Alan

Aug 31, 2022, 12:10:45 AM8/31/22
to Ledger
Take a look at this, and see the section on "Making the most of RET and SPC" (easy) or "Overriding and intercept keymaps".