How to only display subtotals

Marcin Borkowski

Dec 21, 2021, 11:42:05 PM12/21/21
to ledge...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Assume I use this account structure:

Expenses:Hobbies:Books
Expenses:Hobbies:Music
Expenses:Life:Food
Expenses:Life:Phone

What do I tell the `bal` report to display both `Expenses:Life:Food` and
`Expenses:Life:Phone`, but only the subtotal for `Expenses:Hobbies`
(without separating `Books` and `Music`)?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl

Martin Michlmayr

Dec 21, 2021, 11:46:06 PM12/21/21
to ledge...@googlegroups.com
* Marcin Borkowski <mb...@mbork.pl> [2021-12-22 05:41]:
> What do I tell the `bal` report to display both `Expenses:Life:Food`
> and `Expenses:Life:Phone`, but only the subtotal for
> `Expenses:Hobbies` (without separating `Books` and `Music`)?

I don't think you can do this in a single query.

--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/

Marcin Borkowski

Dec 22, 2021, 1:42:15 AM12/22/21
to ledge...@googlegroups.com

On 2021-12-22, at 05:45, Martin Michlmayr <t...@cyrius.com> wrote:

> * Marcin Borkowski <mb...@mbork.pl> [2021-12-22 05:41]:
>> What do I tell the `bal` report to display both `Expenses:Life:Food`
>> and `Expenses:Life:Phone`, but only the subtotal for
>> `Expenses:Hobbies` (without separating `Books` and `Music`)?
>
> I don't think you can do this in a single query.

Thanks, I was afraid so. Well, since I'm writing a program to analyze
ledger's output, I'll just output all the accounts and filter them on
the other side.

Best,