buying stocks

Albert R. Pyott

Dec 10, 2023, 7:56:41 PM12/10/23
to ledge...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I have a 401k account and money flows each pay period into four mutual funds. For
simplicity though, I only record the aggregate cash infow each pay period; I don't update
each mutual fund.

Now I would like to reassign the 'cash' in the Ledger account to the proper mutual fund
assets. It doesn't matter if the correct share price is used, but I would like the 'cash'
to go down to zero and the mutual funds to show the correct share numbers.

Using roughly correct prices, I tried

2023/12/10 * 401k adjustment
Asset:401k 130 VWEBX @ $ 50.00
Asset:401k

..but this seemed to through the numbers off badly.

Welcome any suggestions. Thank you!

Tavis Ormandy

Dec 11, 2023, 10:14:01 AM12/11/23
to ledge...@googlegroups.com
On 2023-12-11, Albert R. Pyott wrote:
> Now I would like to reassign the 'cash' in the Ledger account to the proper mutual fund
> assets. It doesn't matter if the correct share price is used, but I would like the 'cash'
> to go down to zero and the mutual funds to show the correct share numbers.

I guess you just want 130 VWEBX @@ $total_cash, the cost basis and
acquisition date will be incorrect though.

Tavis.

--
_o) $ lynx lock.cmpxchg8b.com
/\\ _o) _o) $ finger tav...@sdf.org