How to automatically pull bank transactions?

Jin Guu

Mar 22, 2021, 3:16:24 PMMar 22
to Ledger
Hello folks,

The Ledger workflow has been great. Thanks for all who contributed!

There's one last weak point. I find it very cumbersome to pull bank transactions (csv files) from my bank account manually. If I could let it be pulled automatically, then I can drop those commercial apps for good.

How would you deal with this aspect? Is there such a way?

Thank you very much!

Best,
Jin

Luka Bradesko

Mar 23, 2021, 1:34:22 PMMar 23
to Ledger
I do it through a combination of Selenium web browser automation and Python scripts exporting into ledger file. It is some scripting work to set it up, but it better serves me as commercial apps.

Colin Dean

Mar 23, 2021, 9:53:07 PMMar 23
to Ledger
https://github.com/egh/ledger-autosync can do this, although I've not used that functionality of it because I've found archiving CSV or OFX files to be a needed step for me.