Re: LEDGER_FILE / -f in .ledgerrc

Nick Psaris

Jan 10, 2022, 10:03:17 AM1/10/22
to ledge...@googlegroups.com
LEDGER_FILE is an environment variable which you can export in the shell (not put in the .ledgerrc)

alternatively, you can use the long option --file (not the short -f option) in .ledgerrc

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 12:02 PM im hearsay <imhe...@gmail.com> wrote:
I want to point to my ledger file so that instead of typing 'ledger -f /path/to/file <command>' I would like to type "ledger <command>"

I'm using ledger via linux on windows 11 (wsl)

When I type 'ledger -f /path/to/file <command> my report runs successfully and as expected. When I point to the same file via ledgerrc I receive the error "directive <path/to/file> requires an argument"

In my .ledgerrc file I tried the following:

LEDGER_FILE=/mnt/c/path/to/file.ledger
-f /mnt/c/path/to/file.ledger

My assumption is that the /mnt/c path to windows from linux wsl is causing the issue.

I'm hoping someone could help me properly format this. Thanks for your time!

--

---