Currency synonyms

Paulo Phagula

Nov 5, 2022, 10:32:53 AM11/5/22
to Ledger
Hi, all good?

I'd like to know if ledger has a functionality to make currency synonyms.
Allow me to explain: I'm in Mozambique, where the currency is Metical. The ISO code is MZN and the abbreviated symbol is MT. Depending on the Institution I may get a statement using either. I'd like ledger to consider these two as one and the same.

I suppose some applies to Rands, whose ISO code is ZAR, and whose symbol is R. And Euros.

Is this possible?

Martin Michlmayr

Nov 5, 2022, 11:03:48 AM11/5/22
to ledge...@googlegroups.com
* Paulo Phagula <paulo....@gmail.com> [2022-11-05 07:32]:
> I'd like to know if ledger has a functionality to make currency
> synonyms. Allow me to explain: I'm in Mozambique, where the
> currency is Metical. The ISO code is MZN and the abbreviated symbol
> is MT. Depending on the Institution I may get a statement using
> either. I'd like ledger to consider these two as one and the same.

C 1 MZN = 1 MT

https://www.ledger-cli.org/3.0/doc/ledger3.html#Commodity-equivalences

--
Martin Michlmayr