Docs site unreadable in dark theme

Yuri Khan

Apr 29, 2023, 8:40:05 AM4/29/23
to Ledger
Hello,

I noticed the Ledger documentation site
<https://ledger-cli.org/doc/ledger3.html> now attempts to support the
dark theme. To that end, it sets the body background to the value of
variable --background-color, which is conditionally set to the value
of --dark-background-color, which is #212121. It also sets default
color to --color, conditionally set to --dark-color, which is #fefefe.

The problem is first seen in § 4.5.4 Complete control over commodity
pricing, under “A valuation function receives three arguments:”, where
argument names and descriptions are formatted as a definition list
with fifth and sixth level headings, is styled without any regard to
theme:

h5, h6, dt { color: #222; }

which is invisible on the dark background of #212121.

As a workaround, I’m injecting a userstyle of:

h5, h6, dt { color: var(--color); }

Alexis

Apr 29, 2023, 3:07:44 PM4/29/23
to ledge...@googlegroups.com
Hello Yuri Khan,

thank you for reporting the issue. This has now been fixed.
Please be sure invalidate any cached CSS before reloading the page.

Best
Alexis

Yuri Khan

Apr 29, 2023, 4:00:07 PM4/29/23
to ledge...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 30 Apr 2023 at 02:07, Alexis <surr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> thank you for reporting the issue. This has now been fixed.
> Please be sure invalidate any cached CSS before reloading the page.

Works now, thanks!

Alexis

Apr 30, 2023, 4:30:48 AM4/30/23
to ledge...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Apr 30, 2023 at 02:59:53AM +0700, Yuri Khan wrote:
> Works now, thanks!

Thanks for confirming, Yuri Khan, much appreciated.