Garage Electrical fire after LED florescent swap

1 view

Ma...@listenspeak.ca

Jan 9, 2020, 12:46:32 AM1/9/20
to LED Lighting
My 12 year old garage recently was partially destroyed by fire. The fire was electrical. It started in the wiring in the attic above the insulation. The only change I made prior was to replace two of the four 4 tube banks of ballast style fluorescent ceiling lights with direct wire LED. The other two four tube banks remained ballast style All four banks were on the same circuit. The fire started from overheating of a free span of wire likely running between the banks of lights. All wired in parallel of course. I am dam curious as to if these LED low amperage bulb sets could have had a roll in this fire specifically when on the same circuit as the ballast sets