Textual description of learnt automata

Nikos Katzouris

Jan 30, 2021, 3:14:22 PM1/30/21
to LearnLib Q&A
Dear all,

Is there a way to extract a learnt automaton in a some textual format that describes the states (start/end) and the transitions of the automaton?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Nikos

Markus Frohme

Jan 30, 2021, 3:46:17 PM1/30/21
to Nikos Katzouris, LearnLib Q&A
Hi Nikos,

check out one of the serializer of AutomataLib [0]. I think the best formats for "human" interpretation are DOT, AUT and TAF.

You can find some examples in the AutomataLib examples [1] (here we additionally use the GraphViz tool to visualize the automata directly) and the LearnLib examples [2].

Kind regards,
Markus

[0] - https://github.com/LearnLib/automatalib/tree/develop/serialization
[1] - https://github.com/LearnLib/automatalib/blob/develop/examples/src/main/java/net/automatalib/examples/dot/DOTExample.java