LearnLib Module's Errors in Eclipse

Shahbaz at 1 Ali

Jul 26, 2018, 5:11:36 AM7/26/18
to LearnLib Q&A
Hello Everyone!
Here i needed some help.

I downloaded the latest version of LearnLib (using GitBash utility) from Github as:

 and similarly, i get the folder of Automatalib

Then i used Eclipse and import the two folders as Maven Projects....

I have found the errors as shown in the attached figure....can you please tell me its possible causes...

Ali

LearnLib Errors.png

Markus Frohme

Jul 26, 2018, 4:18:25 PM7/26/18
to Shahbaz at 1 Ali, LearnLib Q&A
Could you maybe post the actual error message that Eclipse shows?

From the mere error symbol, we cannot really tell what the problem is.

Shahbaz at 1 Ali

Jul 28, 2018, 3:16:15 AM7/28/18
to LearnLib Q&A
7.png

Markus Frohme

Jul 28, 2018, 3:44:55 PM7/28/18
to Shahbaz at 1 Ali, LearnLib Q&A
Your image primarily shows errors of LearnLib -- is everything fine with your AutomataLib project? I suspect this may be an incremental error. If Eclipse can't compile the AutomtaLib classes, it won't be able to build the LearnLib classes. I tried to import AutomataLib and LearnLib into a fresh Eclipse Photon (4.8) workspace and found two issues:

* Recently, AutomataLib introduced the (experimental) usage of Project Lombok. This works out-of-the-box if you simply use Maven. However, most IDEs (e.g. Eclipse [0]) require an additional plugin for this to work nicely.
* Apparently, Eclipse's project configuration doesn't like it, if a class' package name doesn't match its folder structure. It seems to choke on the fact, that the TAF parser is located under generated-sources/javacc/net/automatalib/... rather than generated-sources/net/automatalib/... . I updated the plugin configuration with commit 991a03900 to fix this.

With these changes I was able to successfully import AutomataLib and LearnLib and run Example1. Note, you still have to activate automatic annotation processing in the m2e-apt plugin (cf. [1]). Also note, there are still errors in some LearnLib projects. But this is because of issues with Eclipse's own compiler. The official javac compiles without errors.

[0] - https://projectlombok.org/setup/eclipse
[1] - https://github.com/LearnLib/learnlib/issues/32

Shahbaz at 1 Ali

Aug 4, 2018, 2:40:44 AM8/4/18