Mozilla Persona end-of-life

joe hobson

Nov 28, 2016, 12:05:21 PM11/28/16
to learnin...@googlegroups.com, learning...@googlegroups.com
For the past five years, Mozilla Persona has been the dutifully providing web-based authentication services for the Learning Registry nodes and various services as needed. Unfortunately the Persona service is shutting down on November 30th. We knew this day would come eventually, so when we started the GoOpen node earlier this year, we transitioned that server to use OpenID Connect. We will be doing the same transition for the other LR nodes over the next few weeks, but there will be a short period of time where users will not be able to login to the LR public and sandbox nodes to obtain/verify credentials.

If you publish to LR node01, node02, or the sandbox node, you will need your OAuth credentials or publishing password (different from your Persona.org password) to continue to publish after November 30th. If you're already using those credentials, you should not see any issues continuing to publish after November 30th. If you do not have that information, you should login today to get it:

Once you have the OAuth credentials or your publishing password set, you will be able to continue to publish to these nodes, regardless of the Persona shutdown.

Other LR services that are affected:
  • Search Widget configuration management
  • EasyPublish on node01 and sandbox
  • Setting up record distribution from node01 or node02 to your own node.

We will send out an update to the LR and LR-dev googlegroups once the transition to OIDC is complete on the LR nodes. The sandbox node will be used for testing over the next two weeks, so there may be intermittent downtime.

If you have any questions about retrieving your credentials, feel free to post to the googlegroups or contact me directly. ... .joe

joe hobson
   Navigation North Learning