RDFa or Microdata for incorporating LRMI metadata onto website

Caroline Muglia

May 31, 2014, 1:19:52 PM5/31/14
to learning...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am a frequent reader and rare contributor to the Group, but I have a question I think may best be answered by the brain trust (that's all of you!)

I am on the fence concerning RDFa or Microdata as the preferred standard for incorporating LRMI metadata for use on a public website. I have done some reading about the pros and cons of both including Microdata's backing by Schema.org and others.

Does anyone have an opinion based on their experiences choosing one over the other?
Are there resources I can consider?
Are there smarter questions I can be asking to draw my own conclusions?

Is there, in fact, a best practice?

Thank you so much in advance,
Caroline