Sandbox Downtime Notice

joe hobson

Sep 29, 2017, 3:09:38 PM9/29/17
to learnin...@googlegroups.com
We are at the beginning of the process of updating the LR servers to Ubuntu 16. The Sandbox server (https://sandbox.learningregistry.org) is the first one in line to be upgraded, and we are scheduling that update to begin Sunday afternoon at 4pm ET. If everything goes well, all existing data and publishing accounts will be maintained.

We have already spent many hours getting everything running on a separate server instance (not fun), so in theory the downtime should be limited to an hour or two as we move the data over and do functional tests. There is a possibility that it will take longer, but I'm not certain. If you have a valid reason why we should delay or reschedule, please let me know immediately. Thank you. ... .joe

joe hobson
President / Director of Technology
NAVIGATION NORTH
Charting paths to learning through innovative research and development.

joe hobson

Oct 1, 2017, 6:18:44 PM10/1/17
to Learning Registry Developers List
The Sandbox server update went just fine. If you use this server, please test your processes against it and let me know if anything is broken.

Please NOTE: if you had a publishing password set on your publishing account on the sandbox server, you will need to login and re-save it - https://sandbox.learningregistry.org - If you don't, then you will need to use Oauth keys to publish and not a login/password.

If you're interested in getting the LR up and running on an Ubuntu 16 server, the doc is available here: https://goo.gl/GwpjX2