distribute down for now

joe hobson

Feb 21, 2018, 2:11:07 PM2/21/18
to Learning Registry Developers List
We ran into issues with the distribute/replication service working between nodes, so that feature is currently disabled until we get it sorted out. Unfortunately the recent HTTPS-only directive didn't take into account that the version of couchdb we're on may have some older SSL libraries that aren't going to work well with today's services. Although most of the LR services interact with couch locally, the distribute function is couch to couch, so we need to get the SSL figured out. I'll post a message to the group when it's running again.

Steve Midgley

Feb 21, 2018, 4:12:14 PM2/21/18
to learnin...@googlegroups.com
I wonder if shutting down replicate feature would be the right way to fix this? Running a single node seems fairly practical at the moment?

(Tears for the replicate code, if you decide to do this).

Steve

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 11:11 AM, joe hobson <j...@navigationnorth.com> wrote:
We ran into issues with the distribute/replication service working between nodes, so that feature is currently disabled until we get it sorted out. Unfortunately the recent HTTPS-only directive didn't take into account that the version of couchdb we're on may have some older SSL libraries that aren't going to work well with today's services. Although most of the LR services interact with couch locally, the distribute function is couch to couch, so we need to get the SSL figured out. I'll post a message to the group when it's running again.

James Klo

Feb 21, 2018, 4:31:03 PM2/21/18
On Feb 21, 2018, at 1:12 PM, Steve Midgley <steve....@mixrun.com> wrote:

I wonder if shutting down replicate feature would be the right way to fix this? Running a single node seems fairly practical at the moment?

(Tears for the replicate code, if you decide to do this).

I won’t cry that much…. :-P

Convert to a blockchain with simple PoW and everyone might cheer… but that’s another conversation entirely.

FWIW: I’ve not followed how things have changed, but SSL for even old couchDB would be limited by NGINX support, not CouchDB itself.

- JK