Discussion: Investigating a learning culture within an organisation

CI Training And Development Institute

Feb 22, 2010, 1:35:58 AM2/22/10
to learning4cont...@googlegroups.com
Dear all

I hope you are doing well after the workshop. It has been a very tense one, but it helped. I have already started practising what I have been taught by the facilitators.

To get into new matters, I am faced with a situation here. I have to write learning content for my 3rd year college learners in the HR. The topic is Promote a learning culture within an organisation.

Please join me in teaching this topic. See http://wikieducator.org/User_talk:Colonel

looking forward to hear from your comments and contributions.

Regards

On 21 February 2010 13:21, Patricia Schlicht <PSch...@col.org> wrote:
Dear Ibrahim,

That's the way to do it, also sign up for the next one, as it will teach
rich text editing, WikiEducator's newest feature. Raising awareness and
inviting people to come check this opportunity out is a good starting
point. Matters have a way of progressing from there, and interest groups
easily form. You now have a Wikieducator Nigeria Portal. Make use of it,
invite people who share your passion to improve the page, build teams,
take the lead and move forward. I highly recommend any of you sign up
for the WikiEducator discussion forum at the top of WE's main page. This
way you stay close to the pulse and can find help easily, not just from
me, but from your WikiNeighbours around the world
(http://www.wikieducator.org )

We are our own limitations, think big and move forward. Just one
important thing: Always make sure that anything you put on WE is free of
copy restrictrions. Wiki only allows two Creative Commons licenses:
Attribution and share-alikes (cc-by-sa). Have a look here what this
means:

http://www.wikieducator.org/Wikieducator_tutorial/What_is_free_content

http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses

If you're looking for a more academic analysis, try this article by
Derek Keats:

http://www.sajic.org.za/index.php/SAJIC/article/view/SAJIC-7-6

Derek is Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Knowledge and Information
Management, so this is a pretty high level academic opinion from the
academy.

Cheers,
Patricia

Join for free at www.wikieducator.org

Mr Colonel Ncube
Training Manager
CI Training And Development Institute
Phone: +27 31 905 2213
Mobile: +27 82 664 5969
Fax   :  086 667 6966

Patricia Schlicht

Feb 22, 2010, 12:24:50 PM2/22/10
to learning4cont...@googlegroups.com

Dear Colonel,

This is an interesting subject, Colonel. May I suggest you join the WikiEducator (WE) main discussion list (at the top of the main We page at  http://www.wikieducator.org  and post your message there again, because this forum will be closed to make room for the next one in due course.

Warm wishes,

Patricia