[Extension] Call for Participation CoGenAI Summer School (May 24th!)`

Sammie Katt

May 16, 2024, 9:58:27 AMMay 16
to COLT (Computational Learning Theory)

Dear colleagues,

We are organizing the ELLIS Summer School on Collaborative and Generative AI (CoGenAI), which will be held at Aalto University, Helsinki, on 1-5 July 2024! This event is targeted at PhD students, but registration is open to anyone. The registration deadline has been extended to May 24th.

  • Location: Aalto University, Helsinki, Finland (Otakaari 24, 02150 Espoo)

  • Dates: July 1-5, 2024

  • Register here

  • Registration deadline: May 24

Details

This school will consist of 5 days of keynote talks, lectures, workshops, and projects. Three days will be dedicated to tutorials on collaborative AI, human modeling, and generative AI. During the tutorials, leading experts will get participants up to date with lectures which are then further developed through application in the workshops in the afternoon. In between these activities, we will have invited speakers to highlight current work and give a taste of state-of-the-art research in the field. At the end of the week, a full day will be dedicated to a team-based project on generative models and user modeling in the setting of human-AI systems. Of course, outside of these events, there will be opportunities for the participants to network with the organizers, invited speakers, and each other while enjoying the beautiful sights of Helsinki and Finland. The target audience is doctoral students but is open to other students, academics, professionals, and practitioners from all around the world with an interest in and exposure to AI.

Apply

Please register through our online application form before May 25th with your CV and poster abstract.

The summer school will include a poster session wherein the participants (you!) will be able to present your work. This is a great opportunity to share your ideas or results, get feedback, and find potential collaborators for your future projects! As part of the registration, we are asking you to submit a poster/research abstract to motivate your reasons for attending the school.

When necessary, (student) applicants are prioritized based on their CVs and abstracts.

More information

Web: https://fcai.fi/ellis-summer-school-2024/home

Email: cogenai...@aalto.fi

Advisors: Antti Oulasvirta, Mingfei Sun, and Samuel Kaski

Best wishes,

On behalf of the organizers