Does anyone have any updates on E-Chalk (http://www.echalk.de/) and/or this type of technology/concept?

Daniel Christian

May 19, 2011, 11:19:59 AM5/19/11
to Learning Technology Innovation
http://danielschristian.com/learning-ecosystems/2011/05/19/does-anyone-have-any-updates-on-e-chalk-andor-this-type-of-technologyconcept/

------------------

I’m looking for a technology that can capture 20 feet worth of
“chalkboard” for longer mathematical problems and solutions and
equations. How can we capture that?

Perhaps I’m not thinking clearly, but tablets don’t seem nearly large
enough to fit these types of work on them in their entirety. Document
cameras are another potential option, but again, the writing surface
is too small. That goes for PolyVision’s Eno Board, Smart’s
Interactive Whiteboards, BrightLink Projectors from Epson and other
similar products.

That’s why E-Chalk caught my attention -- http://www.echalk.de/.

I’m trying to free up students’ minds — to allow them to be
cognitively engaged with — and present with — the content being
discussed (vs. having to madly write down the equations before the
professor erases the board). I want them to walk away with such
writings on a device and/or accessible somewhere on the cloud.