Future Learn Directory ready, please suggest products, companies and people

Richard Olsen

Jan 31, 2011, 3:48:49 AM1/31/11
to Learning Technology Innovation
Hi all,

The future learn directory is ready to be populated with products,
companies and people from the innovative educational sector.

I've currently added one product and person but it needs more, please
add as you can as it would be great to start the directory with some
information in it.

Even if you're are not currently an admin you can make suggestions and
then an admin can approve the submission. Please complete as much of
the fields as you can. At the moment you can't upload images from the
suggest pages - if you have images (photos, logos and screen shots)
and you are not an admin please email these to me -
ric...@ideaslab.edu.au and I will add them.

Go to the directory http://www.futurelearn.org/directory and use the
suggest button on the top menu.

We still need to make the front of the news site look less like a blog
we'll do that in the next few days - and then we should be good to go
live.

Please free to post any questions regarding this here.

Thanks,
Richard

George Siemens

Feb 7, 2011, 2:43:42 PM2/7/11
to learning-techno...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard - good to see details coming together.

I'll get on the site and start posting resources/articles this week. How do you feel about beginning to promote the site next week? Are we ready from your perspective?

George

Richard Olsen

Feb 8, 2011, 4:26:12 AM2/8/11
to Learning Technology Innovation
Yes, I think we should be good to go next week.

I've got some work to do on the front site to make it more news like.
Our graphic designer has given some mock ups but without content it
will look empty. This will focus on featured images for posts, links
to the directory, social media buttons..... I'll implement those
changes, mostly widgets in the next couple of days.

I'll also create a document for authors to document how the shortcodes
work for linking to the directory. Also we (probably) need to
formalise any publishing guidelines. From a design point of view,
every post should have a featured image (I'll check with the designer
about the size of this and confirm) these can be easily sourced from
creative commons licensed photos found on the web. Use the featured
image space on the Also, I think we need to think about disclosure
statements for authors as most of us, I assume, have affiliations in
this field.

There are a couple of entries that have been suggested in directory
and one emailed to me. Please contribute where you can, it would be
great if the directory had a bit of content before we launched. I'll
look at adding a method for uploading an image with the suggestions eg
profile photo, logo, in the meantime email these to me if you are not
a site author.

Lastly, there still is a bug in the directory with some of the tags/
categories, I thought I'd got it - I will fix in the next day or so.

Please let me know if there is anything else you think we need to do
or if you have any other ideas.

Richard

On Feb 8, 6:43 am, George Siemens <gsiem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Richard - good to see details coming together.
>
> I'll get on the site and start posting resources/articles this week. How do
> you feel about beginning to promote the site next week? Are we ready from
> your perspective?
>
> George
>
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 1:48 AM, Richard Olsen <
>
> olsen.richar...@edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > The future learn directory is ready to be populated with products,
> > companies and people from the innovative educational sector.
>
> > I've currently added one product and person but it needs more, please
> > add as you can as it would be great to start the directory with some
> > information in it.
>
> > Even if you're are not currently an admin you can make suggestions and
> > then an admin can approve the submission. Please complete as much of
> > the fields as you can. At the moment you can't upload images from the
> > suggest pages - if you have images (photos, logos  and screen shots)
> > and you are not an admin please email these to me -
> > rich...@ideaslab.edu.au and I will add them.
>
> > Go to the directoryhttp://www.futurelearn.org/directoryand use the

tatia wa

Feb 8, 2011, 5:15:54 AM2/8/11
to learning-techno...@googlegroups.com

Hi Richard,

The web site really starts to look great. I would suggest maybe an entry for PhD students/Candidates and their innovative learning projects, so they can either exchange between them or with experienced professors/ professionals of different fields.

Kindest regards,

Tatiana

--
Tatiana Codreanu
laboratoire ICAR, Université Lumière-Lyon 2

http://twitter.com/Tatiawa

 +44- (0) 7806738242