Pathways to Products for Lifelong Learning - Workshop on Recovery from COVID 19 at the societal level

Ulrich Boser

Nov 27, 2021, 9:48:16 AM11/27/21
to Learning Engineering
From Carolyn Rose

-------------------
Pathways to Products for Lifelong Learning - Workshop on Recovery from COVID 19 at the societal level

Dear Thought leader at the intelligent learning technologies frontier,

As we emerge from COVID 19, we are faced with the task of rebuilding in the face of both tremendous learning loss and job loss.  The National Science Foundation offers funding opportunities for educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers partnering to address these problems.  You are invited to a hands-on mixer workshop designed for team building in this space.

In particular, I am part of the project team that is planning a three session NSF workshop series titled:  Human-Technology Interface Series - Pathways to Products for Lifelong Learning. See Award Abstract: https://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward?AWD_ID=2140283&HistoricalAwards=false

Our next Session is December 16th from 11:30 - 5:00 p.m. EST.  The workshop aims to bring experts together from industry, business, entrepreneurship, higher education, and research to discuss the future of human-technology interfaces. If you are receiving this email, you have been identified as an educator, researcher, entrepreneur, or current or former SBIR awardee who we want to engage by being a part of a showcase/mixer discussing your current product, research, or collaboration interests.

The workshop includes multiple networking opportunities.  World class educators and researchers such as Sherice Clarke, Majd Sakr, and Lee Branstetter, representing expertise in Education, Computer Science, and Economics respectively, will deliver keynote addresses related to recovery from COVID at the societal level, with special attention to education and workforce opportunities.

The workshop is organized around hands-on mixer sessions aimed to spark new collaborations and accompanying new SBIR grant submissions.  We are looking for companies that are interested in applying for an SBIR to feature their products and collaboration interests in a poster/demo mixer event.  We are also looking for researchers interested in finding business partners from companies to apply for SBIRs as well.

Please do 2 things.

Register for the workshop here (free!): https://www.accelevents.com/e/nsfhtiworkshopseries2

--AND--

Fill out this short survey if you are interested in actively participating in the mixer: https://forms.gle/Cr1gFA9GztbesEMv6

If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to me by email; cpr...@cs.cmu.edu and I will attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Best Wishes,

Carolyn Rose

--
Carolyn Penstein Rose
Professor of Language Technologies and Human-Computer Interaction, School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University