[FAS' Day One Project] Education Impact Fellowship Opportunities

Natalie Ward

Nov 24, 2021, 10:10:49 AM11/24/21
to Faith Savaiano, Sara Schapiro

Hello,

I hope you are doing well! I am reaching out on behalf of the team at FAS' Day One Project and its recently launched Day One Talent Hub, an initiative to support agencies in leveraging flexible hiring mechanisms to place scientific and technical experts into seats in government to tackle the most urgent federal policy priorities. We are actively recruiting for two new Impact Fellowships for S&T experts seeking to advance smart education policy: The Learning Acceleration Fellowship at the Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences and a new Data Science Impact Fellowship within the Office of the Under Secretary at the Department of Education. More information on each of the fellowships can be found here.

We would be grateful if you could take a few minutes to share this opportunity with your contacts or directly refer candidates you think might make a great fit; we would also welcome any recommendations you may have about where we can reach out ourselves!

We’ve included additional details on the position and application process below, as well as some materials that may help to broadcast the opportunity, if you are willing. Please reach out with any questions, or if you have suggestions on other ways we might share this out!

Best,

The Day One Talent Hub team

Natalie Ward

Project Associate

natalie@dayoneproject.org

General Announcement

🚨 Fellowship Opportunity 🚨 The Day One Project Talent Hub is recruiting for two new Impact Fellowships for S&T experts seeking to advance smart education policy: The Learning Acceleration Fellowship at the Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences and the Data Science Impact Fellowship within the Office of the Under Secretary at the Department of Education.

Applications for both Impact Fellowships are now open and will be accepted until the position is filled. Please visit https://www.dayoneproject.org/jobs-fellowships for more information or contact in...@dayoneproject.org with any questions.

Announcement for Learning Acceleration Impact Fellowship

Impact Fellow, Department of Education: Learning Acceleration: FAS’ Day One Talent Hub works to broker pathways for scientific and technical experts interested in raising their hands to serve in the federal government.  The Day One Talent Hub is recruiting for a Learning Acceleration Impact Fellow to serve within the Department of Education on the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) team. IES is investigating how evidence-based policies can generate a more equitable and prosperous future for students nationwide. This Impact Fellow will work at the intersection of analysis and education policy to help devise a data-driven approach to ensure that the $172 billion in education stabilization funds for pandemic recovery efforts in the education sector generate improved outcomes for more than 50 million elementary and secondary students nationwide.

The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has experience in education policy (can include classroom or instructional leadership at the building, district, or state level), commitment to public service, experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders, ability to coordinate teams, and a strong background in program evaluation, applied statistics, or econometrics.

How to Apply

To apply, please complete our application form. The FAS/Day One Project is looking to fill this position quickly and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Early submission will ensure your application receives full consideration.

Announcement for Data Science Impact Fellowship

Impact Fellow, Department of Education: Data Science: FAS’ Day One Talent Hub works to broker pathways for scientific and technical experts interested in raising their hands to serve in the federal government.  The Day One Talent Hub is recruiting for a Data Science Impact Fellow to serve within the Department of Education. The Data Science Fellow will have the unique opportunity to leverage federal student aid data to conduct foundational research and develop prototypes that will have the potential to allow the Department of Education to better serve the 13 million students that receive over $120 billion in federal aid to help pay for college or career school each year.

The ideal candidate for this role is a data scientist eager to leverage their technical and leadership capabilities to implement data-driven impact initiatives within the Department’s Office of the Under Secretary. Candidates should have prior experience as a strong individual contributor on a data science project, subject matter expertise, and experience using data related to higher education—especially financial aid—policy and/or loan performance analysis.