Fwd: ED fellowship roles - please share with your networks

Ulrich Boser

Nov 24, 2021, 1:45:06 PM11/24/21
to Learning Engineering
Two cool new job opportunities!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Sara Schapiro <ssch...@fas.org>
Date: Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 1:20 PM
Subject: ED fellowship roles - please share with your networks
To: Kumar Garg <kg...@schmidtfutures.com>, Ulrich Boser <ulric...@gmail.com>, Meg Benner <m...@the-learning-agency.com>, Katt, Otto <ot...@lewis-burke.com>, Ledford, Michael <ledf...@lewis-burke.com>, Brienne Bellavita <bbell...@weioffice.com>, Claire Voorhees <cvoo...@wffmail.com>, Caleb Offley <cof...@wffmail.com>, Joanna Cannon <jca...@wffmail.com>
Cc: Faith Savaiano <fa...@dayoneproject.org>, Natalie Ward <nat...@dayoneproject.org>

Hi ED R&D friends - Happy almost Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful few days with family and friends ahead.

I wanted to reach out because our Day One Talent Hub team is actively recruiting for two new education fellowship roles that we're hoping you can pass along to your networks, colleagues etc.
  • The first is the Learning Acceleration Impact Fellowship to support cross-cutting teams at ED tackling learning loss and administering education funds for pandemic recovery efforts
    • The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has experience in education policy (can include classroom or instructional leadership at the building, district, or state level), commitment to public service, experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders, ability to coordinate teams, and a strong background in program evaluation, applied statistics, or econometrics.

  • The second opportunity is the Data Science Impact Fellowship to seed a data science team within the Office of the Under Secretary at ED to harness federal student loan data for education policy insights and decision making.
    • The ideal candidate for this role is a data scientist eager to leverage their technical and leadership capabilities to implement data-driven impact initiatives within the Department’s Office of the Under Secretary. Candidates should have prior experience as a strong individual contributor on a data science project, subject matter expertise, and experience using data related to higher education—especially financial aid—policy and/or loan performance analysis.

You can read the full position descriptions here. The application forms are also on the site. Please let me know if you have any questions and feel free to refer folks directly to me.

Many thanks,
Sara

Sara Schapiro
Senior Fellow and Director of Education, Workforce & Talent
Federation of American Scientists / The Day One Project
(she/her)

Ben Domingue

Nov 29, 2021, 11:19:49 AM11/29/21
to Learning Engineering
Hi all,
I would also note that the Jacobs Foundation has a call for fellowship applications that might cover the work of some on this list.

Ben