pdf exploding with malformed asides

Gojko Adzic

Feb 16, 2019, 10:12:26 AM2/16/19
to leanpub
Hi,

I stumbled upon a bug that makes the PDF generation step explode. I had an aside that did not use the type symbol consistently, something in the style of

I> #### title
T>
T> text

(my mistake completely, stupid copy/paste, but took me a good half-hour triaging through the chapters and re-running the preview process to find the offending lines. the preview process didn't really report any useful errors. just mentioning it here as a low priority improvement, perhaps you could detect this in the markdown parsing phase and complain more meaningfully.

gojko

Len Epp

Feb 17, 2019, 1:42:28 AM2/17/19
to lea...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reporting the details on this issue, we're sorry for the trouble - these details will help us automate the resolution of problems like this with book generation; we know the way we deal with errors needs improvement.

Kind Regards,

Len

Len Epp
Co-founder, Leanpub