Image sizes much smaller than I expected in mobi and epub

Johanna Rothman

Feb 20, 2019, 10:34:24 AM2/20/19
to lea...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The image sizes in our epub and mobi versions are *much* smaller than in the pdf. The book:
https://leanpub.com/geographicallydistributedagileteams/

We made the image sizes 1200 pixels wide for several reasons:
- to fit the pdf
- to keep the book size (# mb) down to something reasonable

I’d made the images that size in my previous books.

Is there a setting somewhere so the images look reasonable in epub and mobi, not just in the pdf? I’m not sure what to do.

Thanks,
Johanna (and Mark Kilby)
--
Rothman Consulting Group, Inc. 781-641-4046
Speaker, Author, Consultant - Managing Product Development

Len Epp

Feb 20, 2019, 12:58:08 PM2/20/19
to lea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Johanna,

Sorry for the issue here. I think this is the first report we've had in a while of an issue with images and sizing, we'll look into it and get back to you. Currently there is no setting to handle images differently in EPUB and MOBI vs PDF.

Kind Regards,

Len

Len Epp
Co-founder, Leanpub
@lenepp

Len Epp

Feb 20, 2019, 5:24:56 PM2/20/19
to lea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Johanna,

We did some testing and doing this before the smaller images should increase their size:

{width="100%",float=left}

I'd suggest you try it out on one of the images and see if that does the trick.

Kind Regards,

Len

Peter Armstrong

Feb 20, 2019, 6:57:03 PM2/20/19
to lea...@googlegroups.com
I'd advocate for not even using the float, and just doing
{width="100%"} (in LFM) or {width: "100%"} (in Markua).

Len, is there something I'm missing?
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/leanpub/CAP%2BuNLjTL45_%2BF1PhEX%3Dv2Tr8xUJ2dcATBsnNUE4h3NWHCW_jg%40mail.gmail.com.

Peter Armstrong
Co-founder & CEO, Ruboss

Len Epp

Feb 20, 2019, 7:47:12 PM2/20/19
to lea...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I should have mentioned, when I was testing the width at 100% (this is in LFM), in the EPUB the image looked a bit out of alignment. Floating left, everything looked ok.

Johanna Rothman

Feb 21, 2019, 11:42:43 AM2/21/19
to lea...@googlegroups.com
Making all the images 100% worked. Thanks.

However, our mobi is now twice the size of the pdf or the epub. I’ll send hello email about that.
Johanna

See my books at https://www.jrothman.com/books