entering stats post game?

Ben Murphy

May 4, 2013, 8:05:07 PM5/4/13
to Leaguevine
hi leaguevine folks,

i have stats that were taken by hand during our game today--one of our folks wrote down on paper who threw the disc to whom all game. so i am hoping to replicate the process of entering that information during the game, except the game is over and now when i try to do it, it (understandably) sees me as entering events at the end of the game.

is there a way to edit the events from during the game in a way that i could put in all the touches and have the site accurately reflect what happend during the game?

notably, somebody from minnesota took their stats during the game, so their guys are all set, and i just need to update our stats.

here's a link to the game in case you need it:

thanks in advance for the help,
ben

Mark Liu

May 4, 2013, 9:26:58 PM5/4/13
to leaguevine...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ben,

There have been a lot of questions over things like this over the past two weeks due to AUDL so I've recently put together this guide that I'll be updating with better instructions as more scenarios come up.

Let me know if this does not address your questions.

Thanks!

Mark

Mark Liu
630-738-9280
http://leaguevine.com
http://twitter.com/leaguevine
http://facebook.com/leaguevine

Ben Murphy

May 4, 2013, 10:04:15 PM5/4/13
to Leaguevine
Heh. Well, document = awesome. Answer = not awesome. :-)

Mark Liu

May 4, 2013, 11:04:25 PM5/4/13
to leaguevine...@googlegroups.com
Yeah... I figured with your case you're in one of the more annoying situations. I should mention, though, that others in this boat with AUDL games have been told they can just manually update the box scores or append the play-by-play to the end for simplicity. The AUDL at this point cares most about getting the counting stats (Goals, Ds, Assists, Turns, etc.) completely right so that the fantasy system (https://unbenchable.com/) works and is accurate.

Ben Murphy

May 4, 2013, 11:11:45 PM5/4/13
to Leaguevine
Yup, that's the route I plan to take. I emailed per the instructions in the document to become an admin and will handle the box score updates. We also collected them and sent them to the league so they can handle if they want. Thanks again for your help. Hopefully the iPod setup will work for us tomorrow and none of this will be an issue. :-)

Mark Liu

May 4, 2013, 11:15:18 PM5/4/13
to leaguevine...@googlegroups.com
Cool. I hope the iUltimate app works well for you! I think Jim Geppert built it very well and it's very intuitive as well as stable.

Mark Liu

Jun 9, 2013, 8:09:14 PM6/9/13
to leaguevine...@googlegroups.com, ma...@leaguevine.com
Hey Ben,

I just wanted to update you that a couple weeks ago we rolled out some functionality to be able to update a box score manually without having to tinker with the play-by-play. You'll have to be an admin for the team you're doing this for so let me know if you want to use this functionality and want me to bump up your privileges on a team. Here are the updated instructions for how to do this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KLoCT28Bqr0Lds2VJMSjVt3sdZ5GDzgu-3gHEs4ykD8/edit#

I hope that helps!

Mark
Mark

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/leaguevine-developers?hl=en.

Ben Murphy

Jun 11, 2013, 8:55:00 PM6/11/13
to Leaguevine
Nice! Thanks for the update, Mark. Now I just need to have stats worth updating. :-(