This month in leaguevine-developers (10/1/12)

Mark Liu

Oct 1, 2012, 7:25:53 PM10/1/12
to Leaguevine Developers
1. Fantasy Ultimate
2. USAU Score Reporter Scraper
3. Quikstats
4. iUltimate Stats
5. Leaguevine native iPhone app

1.
Fantasy Ultimate is actually happening! Looks like the goal is for the basic version to be working by Nationals (super aggressive, but awesome goal, IMO) and you can get started by either chatting on this Google Group or committing to this github repo. Leaguevine's role in all this will just be to make sure you have all the data you need via the API to pull this off.

2.
A score reporter scraper is now underway. This gives us USAU data in JSON format. Here's the post with some info on it and a link to the github repo: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/leaguevine-developers/NLBifAx7xEo/WDWfIyuRNQMJ

3.
Julian, the developer of Quikstats is converting his backend to talk to the Leaguevine API. Julian has a vision for making his app a great native experience for browsing games and stats as well as taking stats. His app is very visually appealing and is also quite fast.

4.
Jim, the developer of iUltimate is also making his backend sync to Leaguevine via the API. This Ultimate stat taking app was used by the Wisconsin Hodags last season and has some really cool Twitter integration in that it posts periodic play-by-play updates for a game to Twitter.

5.
We are building a native iPhone app for Leaguevine. Don't worry, this doesn't replace anything you guys are building. This native iPhone app will be the mobile entry point for Leaguevine users and will focus on a user's profile. From this app, we hope to link to all of your apps. For instance, from an Ultimate game page on the native iPhone app we'll be able to link to leaguevine-ultistats, Quikstats, and iUltimate so a user could choose which stat taking interface they want to use to take stats.

Happy coding!

Mark