Who will be at Nationals?

Louis Abramowski

Oct 24, 2012, 11:55:40 AM10/24/12
to leaguevine...@googlegroups.com
Given a random selection of seven players will happen fewer than 1 out of 4.24*10^18 times … I'll be shocked if any 2 people pick the exact same players (even though it's not random).  I mitigated that by restricting viewing of other teams until after rosters are locked.

If there is a tie for first … well, I'll deal with that when it happens.  Otherwise, there's nothing to worry about.

So far, I only know of Mark being at the event.  Is anyone else going to be there? We'd love help in taking stats.  That's the only problem we have right now.  We have enough coverage for about 7 of the 16 teams … and could use everyone's help spreading the word!

Lou

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 6:16 AM, Ben Murphy <murph...@gmail.com> wrote:
One other question--have you guys thought about how you're going to
resolve ties? I'm guessing that there will probably be more than one
person that picks the same 7 players that result in the winning
combination, especially if there's enough exposure today for people to
submit rosters.

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 6:39 AM, Ben Murphy <murph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is really exciting. Do we have a flyer or something we could print out
> to spread the word while in Sarasota? Relatedly, who else will be down
> there?
>

> On Wednesday, October 24, 2012, Louis Abramowski wrote:
>>
>> Jackpot.  Let's roll!
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 2:19 AM, Ben Demboski <bende...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Whoops, sorry. Fixed now.
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Louis Abramowski <hot...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> The patagonia image is still giving me issues … could be propagating
>> through the CDN though, I suppose …
>> https://s3.amazonaws.com/lvfantasyultimate/img/sponsors/patagonia.jpg
>>
>> Otherwise, looks great! I'll announce it in the morning!
>>
>> Lou
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 2:12 AM, Ben Demboski <bende...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Okay, I set the server up with a new league attached to the tournament
>> object Mark sent me. Everything looks good -- all the players are there. I
>> fixed those two issues and dropped in the prizes. I also ran through the
>> team creation process again with a new user and everything seems to be
>> working. Maybe run through creating your own team as one final check, but as
>> far as I can tell we're good to launch!

>> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 11:52 PM, Louis Abramowski <hot...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> And Ben -- as soon as you feel the data is all set and the bullets below
>> are addressed, I'll pull the trigger.
>>
>> This is so sick man.  Incredible work.
>>
>> Lou
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 1:51 AM, Louis Abramowski <hot...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Ben -
>>
>> Everything looks amazing!  A couple things I noticed:
>>
>> The patagonia image seems to be broken in the footer :/ AWS is saying it's
>> not there:
>> https://s3.amazonaws.com/lvfantasyultimate/img/sponsors/patagonia.jpg
>> The "friends" filter just seems to show "loading" for me … and never
>> really filtered it, but it looks like you may be doing some updates right
>> now.
>>
>> Here's the prize list copy which will go great on the rules page.  It'd be
>> great if all the company names linked out to their pages.
>>
>> Grand Prize ($375 total value)
>>
>> Patagonia black hole duffel bag $159
>> Five Ultimate Gift Certificate $100
>> NexGen Cap 3 Pullover (L) $55
>> 2011 NexGen DVD $15
>> 2012 NexGen Tour Subscription $20
>> Ulticards Pack $15
>> Custom Club Championship Poster from Hammer Fakes and IO Breaks $10
>>
>> Top 5 finishers plus 5 random contestants will receive one or more of the
>> following prizes:
>>
>> Patagonia Jersey
>> $10 Five Ultimate Gift Certificate
>> Poster from Hammer Fakes and IO Breaks
>> NexGen Hat
>> NexGen Cotton t-shirt
> [...]

Ben Murphy

Oct 24, 2012, 12:00:52 PM10/24/12
to leaguevine...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there and would love to meet up, but I can't help with stats because I'm going as an observer and that has to be my top priority.