Nature and the Big City, 20 June 2013, 7pm, Civil Service College

The Leafmonkey Workshop

Jun 4, 2013, 11:30:15 AM6/4/13
to leafm...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

We're back!!!

Our first workshop for the year will be on nature conservation and urban development in Singapore. If you're interested to learn more about how to decipher the future plans for Singapore and how we can manage the trade offs between nature conservation and development, we have just the workshop for you! For our first workshop, we are adopting a new format to encourage even more exchanges amongst you and other participants, so you can definitely expect a more fulfilling workshop.

Seats for the workshop are limited so please register early to avoid disappointment!

More details of the workshop below.

See you there!

Cheers,
November

Nature and the Big City
Date: 20 June 2013, Thursday
Time: 7.00pm - 10.00pm
Venue: Civil Service College [Map]
31 North Buona Vista Road Singapore 275983
Register now at:
http://tinyurl.com/leafmonkey2013

ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
This workshop introduces the history and process of planning and urban development in Singapore. Find out how to decipher the future plans for Singapore, the difference between nature reserves and other nature areas and how we can manage the trade offs between conservation and development. Our panel of speakers will also share ideas of how we can have nature in our big city and what each of us can do.

This workshop is useful for all who are interested to learn more as well as seasoned members of the community who would like to exchange ideas on how we can creatively have nature in our big city.

SPEAKERS

The workshop will see a panel of speakers from diverse fields to share ideas with participants and more importantly, to spur creative exchanges between participants. This workshop will be an active exchange between you and other participants, to brainstorm practical ideas and possible solutions.

We will share further information about our invited panelists shortly.

For more details, visit
http://leafmonkeyworkshop.blogspot.sg/2013/06/nature-and-big-city.html

If you have difficulty submitting your registration at http://tinyurl.com/leafmonkey2013

Please contact