What is the simplest way to implement a REST API compatible with Leaflet Vector Layers

Giovanni Flammia

Jul 13, 2015, 6:06:45 PM7/13/15
to leaflet-ve...@googlegroups.com
What is the simplest REST API that one has to implement on the server-side to be compatible with the Leaflet Vector Layers client library?
Where can I find some reference material about it?
Thank you
Giovanni

Jason Sanford

Jul 13, 2015, 10:45:14 PM7/13/15
to leaflet-ve...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giovanni

The dirt-simple-postgis-http-api, formerly call PostGIS Restful Web Service Framework might be fairly easy for you to set up - https://github.com/tobinbradley/dirt-simple-postgis-http-api

It all depends on what sort of back end software you'd have access to. Are you not able to use one of the other providers that use hosted endpoints like CartoDB or ArcGIS Server?

Giovanni Flammia

Jul 13, 2015, 10:58:42 PM7/13/15
to leaflet-ve...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jason! We may need to develop our own web service layer to provide data to leaflet, in addition to the ones you mention.
Giovanni

Giovanni Flammia