LEADERSHIP TIPS FROM P G VARGIS

PG Vargis

Apr 16, 2016, 6:30:06 PM4/16/16
to leadershiptip...@googlegroups.com
 Inline image 1

A leader is like a river. Starts as a small stream. But gathers on the way other streams and becomes a mighty river – feeding people, cattle and agricultural lands and nourishing forests. It never stops working – day and night. A river exists for others and then vanishes.  You can be a Pampa river of Kerala or Ganges of India or Amazon. The choice is yours.

P G Vargis

Leadership note. Grow with me.

And share this with others. Let the world grow.

============================

          PART I      DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE (COPIED)

Budgeting Is Your Financial Plan On Paper. Spending wisely...is more important than saving. Make every dollar an Employee... with a specific assignment. It is the secret of every Financial Champion. When you put God first in tithes and offerings, you are building your budget on a Foundation of Faith.

PGV adds: as soon as you get your pay cheque, you put this in your bank. I call it harvest basket. (b) separate your tithe. If needed open  a separate bank account for tithe so you will not miss the target. (The word for sin in Greek is hamartia meaning ‘miss the target’) (c) Then separate an amount to your saving account. I teach that a person must save at least the same amount he paid as his tithe and use this amount only for real estate or emergency like hospital bill or education of a child. Save for the future. (d) Minimise your expenses in such a way that there will be left over in the bank where you deposited the pay cheque. Which is your harvest basket Lesson: Don’t scratch the bottom of the barrel but live in the overflowing. You do this and you will prosper. You will not be the tail but the head. Your kids will thank you one day. And you will thank me too.

        “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you,” (Matthew 6:33).

PART II

Knocking Them Down

A young man who was an All-American football player in college went back to his alma Mater as an assistant coach. One of his main responsibilities in his new job would be to go out and scout and recruit players for his college team.

Before he made his first recruiting trip, he went in to visit with the head coach, the same coach for whom he had played when he was there in college some years before. The head coach was a crusty old veteran. He had held that position as head coach for many years, was widely known and highly respected all across the country.

The new young coach said to him, "Coach, I'm about to head out on my first recruiting trip, but before I go I want to be sure that we are on the same page. Tell me, Coach, what kind of player do you want me to recruit?"

The crusty old head coach leaned back in his chair. He looked the young coach straight in the eyes and said: "Son, I've been at this job a long time and over the years I have noticed that there are several different kinds of players. For example," he said, “you will find some players who get knocked down and they stay down. That's not the kind we want!"

And he said, "You will find some players who get knocked down and they will get right back up and get knocked down again and then they stay down. That's not the kind we want!"

And then the old coach said, "But you will also find some other players who get knocked down and knocked down and knocked down, and every time they get knocked down, they get right back up!"

At this point, the young coach got excited and he said, "Now, that's the kind of player we want, isn't it, Coach?"

"No!" said the old head coach. "We want the one doing all that knocking down!!"

Have a day of growth for the glory of God

p g vargis

www.pgv.com

image.png