kitchen-tips

PG Vargis

Sep 22, 2015, 7:23:06 AM9/22/15
to leadershiptip...@googlegroups.com

Today I shared few kitchen-tips to a family and they thanked me. I thought of sharing it with you too:

ð     When you clean fish, house flies will fly in. Sometime a colored fly also. Light a candle – any candle and keep there in the kitchen and the flies will go away.

ð     Flies are uninvited and disgusting guests on the dining table also. Keep a candle on the dining table and they will disappear.

Well, you can use any candle. Ordinary or perfumed. If you will keep a perfumed candle you can sue it when you will have guests.

ð     People in south India (especially Keralite) add salt to wheat flour to make Chappathi (Roti). Don’t do o that. Salt will make the Roti harder. The salt in the side dish is enough. The roti will be softer and much tastier.

*      But for Paratha and poori – you can add salt.

** Poori with salt, jeera and a pinch of red pepper powder will make it tastier. We call it Namkeen Poori. It is very good.

ð     A dairy farm man told me, how to make thick curd. Boil the milk, when it is slightly warm, add water from curd and pour it from one vessel to another a few times. Or pour it with a mug or glass in such a way that it will get mixed very well. Then cover it with a blanket or thick cloth.

*When the Curd is set – put a piece of fresh coconut into it and you will have fresh curd – unspoiled for a week.

=>  We clean the fish many ways. The best way: Cut it into pieces. Wash it and clean it. Then sprinkle basan (ground nut powder) or wheat flour powder. Rotate the fish with your hands and wash. That is the best way to clean the fish. You can add a bit of lemon juice to take away the fish smell.

=> You can clean the chicken also with basan or wheat flour. The nasty smell will go and the chicken will be sparkling fresh.

=> Use coconut oil for cooking. It is good for your heart. (Check the web.) You heard that it is not good for your heart – that was a myth and propaganda from other agencies to promote their products.

=> Do you know that Pepsi, coca cola and other colas are harmful to your body? I never touch it.

 See the web page – the use of Coca Cola

 Mainly – it will clean the toilet; help your compost, clean old coins, and burnt cooking vessels, remove stains from marble floor. Remove ink from the carpets, bring out chewing gum from the bottom of the shoes/hair, kills snails etc.

Look at the web page. Show to your children

ð     Do you have problem with cockroach?

Buy baking soda if you have none handy in your kitchen cabinet. Sprinkle the baking soda around where you have seen the cockroaches. This could include in your kitchen cabinets, on counter tops, around your stove, in the bathroom, kitchen, or under the sink and refrigerator.

Step2
Remove dead cockroaches when you come across them as the baking soda works this way: The roaches eat the baking soda; it expands in their bodies and makes them explode.

Step3
Sprinkle more baking soda around when you see more roaches or a different breed than the ones you were first infested with. Gradually, you will see a significant reduction in the amount of the critters that you actually see. Sweep regularly to remove bodies and any scattered baking soda.

Step4
Sweep regularly to remove dead bugs and any scattered baking soda.

And do this to prevent the roaches coming to your house:

1.       Cockroaches must have a source of water. Depending on the temperature and their …

2. Clean your house thoroughly. A clean house is key to keeping cockroaches away, a…

3. Keep food containers sealed, and don't leave food out for extended periods. Don't le…

4. Mop the floor routinely to clean up crumbs and sticky spots. Do not slop water again…

See all 5 steps on www.wikihow.com

ð     Men do you want to out-cook your smart wife by cooking a delicious curry. Go to the web and search for Mutton and Daal.

Prepare it.

That is the best dish any one can make. But if a man will prepare it, it will taste much better. Sisters – are you happy? J

========= Expect more later.