Re: Inquire about SWSE System

Andreas Harth

Jan 8, 2015, 1:26:30 PM1/8/15
to naglaa elmesalmy, ldsp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've cc'ed the mailing list as other people might be interested as well.

On 2015-01-08 03:10, naglaa elmesalmy wrote:
> the method "evaluateBreadthFirst" when I use it the netbeans give me
> error "can't find the symbol "
> and I don't know the difference between evaluateBreadthFirst,
> evaluateSequential and evaluateLoadBalanced
> because when I use "evaluateSequential " and "evaluateLoadBalanced"
> ,each one returns different results.

The different methods pertain to different strategies for traversing
the graph of information resources.

You can find more information about breadth-first traversal on
Wikipedia [1]. Because LDSpider is multithreaded, there might be
slight deviations from strict BFS traversal. Also, there are
parameters to limit the amount of lookups done to certain pay-level
domains.

The other two methods implement different orders in which links are
expanded, hence you get different results.

Best regards,
Andreas.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breadth-first_search