Some issues on this project

Jaakko Lappalainen

Dec 9, 2012, 9:04:30 AM12/9/12
to ldsp...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I would like to provide some feedback to you, please take this the best way you can :)

1) I have noticed that at least the implementation of the method 'evaluateBreadthFirst' are different in the source code and in the binary you are distributing.

2) Also in the source code, you are using some non UTF-8 characters (in comments, specifically in a class' author name) that gives problems when trying to compile.

3) You have an important issue in terms of documentation. Not only in the project's wiki pages, but also in your code. I strongly suggest you to provide a javadoc ASAP.

Thank you very much for your time and keep with an excellent job!

Jürgen Umbrich

Dec 9, 2012, 9:19:03 AM12/9/12
to ldsp...@googlegroups.com
Hallo Jaakko

First of all thanks for the feedback and using LDSpider.
Please see my comments inline:

1) I have noticed that at least the implementation of the method 'evaluateBreadthFirst' are different in the source code and in the binary you are distributing.
 in which way does the implementation differ from the source code and the binary ?
Would be great if you could give us some details - There might be some bug fixes in the svn which are not in the latest published binary. As such, I am  looking forward for your report.
I created an issue for that [1]
2) Also in the source code, you are using some non UTF-8 characters (in comments, specifically in a class' author name) that gives problems when trying to compile.
This should only throw warnings and not break the compilation. We will try to address that once we have time. There are more urgent issues on our list at the moment.

3) You have an important issue in terms of documentation. Not only in the project's wiki pages, but also in your code. I strongly suggest you to provide a javadoc ASAP.
IMHO, the wiki pages are very detailed and should help you to run the code out of the box and as an API.
It would be great if you can give some concrete recommendations or suggestions in which places you are missing more documentation.
We will consider your valuable suggestions for the next release. In the meanwhile, it should be easy to add to the build.xml file the ant command to create the javadoc.
I created an issue [2]

Thanks again for your feedback and we are looking forward for your further feedbacks
Juergen

Jaakko Lappalainen

Dec 9, 2012, 9:58:41 AM12/9/12
to ldsp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll explain further:

on Issue 1)

This is the implementation of the SVN on method 'evaluateBreadthFirst'

public void evaluateBreadthFirst(Frontier frontier, int depth, int maxuris, int maxplds, int minActPlds, boolean minActPldsAlready4Seedlist, Mode crawlingMode)
And it's different from the binary one you provide (if I understand your examples from the wiki correctly)

evaluateBreadthFirst(frontier, depth, maxURIs, includeABox, includeTBox)

Speaking of which, can you explain what the parameters int maxplds, int minActPlds, boolean minActPldsAlready4Seedlist, Mode crawlingMode do? I'd really appreciate it

On issue 2)

We probably have a different compilation options, but I can guarantee you, this thing threw me an error. Not a big deal, but there are some mispelled names in the source code now ;)

On issue 3)

I guess you see this from a different perspective, as you are a developer of this tool, but I'd like to see more detailed explanations on topics in

For example.

I hope this time I''ve been more clear.

Keep in touch!