LDSC: How do you change the MLS language?

Larry Autry

Jan 15, 2011, 5:41:09 PM1/15/11
to Discussion for LDS Church Ward/Stake Clerks/Secretaries
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-
-
I found a LDS Tech reference on Google about changing the MLS language but
it didn't work. There is no MLS.properties file in the MLS directory. I
searched the entire disk but couldn't find one. I also created one but it
didn't help so I deleted it.

--
Larry Autry
Or visit the LDS Clerks wiki at:
http://www.ldsclerks.org/

Larry Autry

Jan 15, 2011, 5:45:11 PM1/15/11
to Discussion for LDS Church Ward/Stake Clerks/Secretaries
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-
-
I found a LDS Tech reference on Google about changing the MLS language but
it didn't work. There is no MLS.properties file in the MLS directory. I
searched the entire disk but couldn't find one. I also created one but it
didn't help so I deleted it.

--
Larry Autry
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Larry Autry

Jan 15, 2011, 9:44:16 PM1/15/11
to Discussion for LDS Church Ward/Stake Clerks/Secretaries
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-
-
Anyone?
If there is no MLS.properties file, why hasn't the wiki changed? Shouldn't
this question be in the new PDF manual?

--
Larry Autry

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Larry Autry <larry...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found a LDS Tech reference on Google about changing the MLS language but
> it didn't work. There is no MLS.properties file in the MLS directory. I
> searched the entire disk but couldn't find one. I also created one but it
> didn't help so I deleted it.
>
> --
> Larry Autry

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Russell Hltn

Jan 15, 2011, 11:15:55 PM1/15/11
to Discussion for LDS Church Ward/Stake Clerks/Secretaries
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-
-
They must have changed it in MLS 3.3. It appears it's in C:\Documents
and Settings\All Users\LDS Church\MLS\data\product.properties

However, I didn't try changing it to see if it worked.

You get to be the guinea pig. <grin>

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Larry Autry <larry...@gmail.com> wrote:
> -
> -
> I found a LDS Tech reference on Google about changing the MLS language but
> it didn't work. There is no MLS.properties file in the MLS directory. I
> searched the entire disk but couldn't find one. I also created one but it
> didn't help so I deleted it.
>
> --
> Larry Autry

Russell Hltn

Jan 16, 2011, 2:06:26 AM1/16/11
to Discussion for LDS Church Ward/Stake Clerks/Secretaries
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-
-
Remember, the wiki is primary written by the community. You're the first
to point out the change.

This was never in the manual. Language is normally selected on
installation. The discovery that it could be changed was from another user.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Larry Autry

Jan 16, 2011, 10:24:57 AM1/16/11
to Discussion for LDS Church Ward/Stake Clerks/Secretaries
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-
-
I tried that yesterday. It did not work. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Larry Autry

Jan 16, 2011, 10:27:47 AM1/16/11
to Discussion for LDS Church Ward/Stake Clerks/Secretaries
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-
-
I will back up the data and reinstall. I should have done that to begin
with.

Thanks,
Larry Autry