LDSC: LDS.ORG (new)

Geoffrey McHugh

Dec 6, 2010, 10:25:36 AM12/6/10
to ldsc...@lists.mormonstoday.com
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-
We are in the process of converting the calendar from the Classic Stake
Website to the new calendar.

1. Is there a place for News and Information in the new format?
2. I have been sending an email listing the EVENT DETAILS function of the
old calendar, but do not see a way to do this on the new calendar.
3. The stake presidency likes the ability to change the calendar
themselves. Is htere a function to be notified of changes?

Geoff McHugh
Stake Membership Clerk
Springfield Illinois Stake
Geoffre...@gmail.com
Or visit the LDS Clerks wiki at:
http://www.ldsclerks.org/

Alan Brown

Dec 6, 2010, 6:31:28 PM12/6/10
to Discussion for LDS Church Ward/Stake Clerks/Secretaries
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-
-
On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 8:25 AM, Geoffrey McHugh
<geoffre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Is there a place for News and Information in the new format?

The current stake/ward websites will remain active through 2011. See
the Transition FAQ at
https://tech.lds.org/ldshelp/index.php5/Local_Unit_Web_Sites:_Stake_and_Ward_Web_Sites_--_Transition_FAQs

The News and Information section is not currently available in the new
format, but is specifically mentioned as a feature that will become
available sometime in 2011.

> 2. I have been sending an email listing the EVENT DETAILS function of the
> old calendar, but do not see a way to do this on the new calendar.

When you add or update an event, you have the option of sending an
email to all subscribers of the calendar. That doesn't seem to be
working quite yet (at least I haven't been able to receive a
notification, even though I have notifications enabled and I have
specifically asked for notifications), but the feature is at least
available on the add/edit event pages, so hopefully it will work soon.

One really nice improvement over the previous calendar is that you can
specify that a reminder is to be sent out x days/hours/minutes before
the event. It's good to be able to send out a reminder 3 days before
the event, whereas with the old calendar you could only send a
reminder at the time the even was scheduled, which might be many
months or even a year before the event takes place.

> 3. The stake presidency likes the ability to change the calendar
> themselves. Is htere a function to be notified of changes?

No (short of the editor choosing to send a notification to all
subscribers, as I described above -- but you can't force the stake
presidency to send such a notification, and it might not be desirable
anyway).

Alan Brown
Assistant Stake Clerk
Sandy Utah Crescent Stake

Larry Autry

Dec 7, 2010, 7:25:56 PM12/7/10
to Discussion for LDS Church Ward/Stake Clerks/Secretaries
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-
-
When clicking on the below URL, there is this notice:
"21:21, 7 December 2010 Johnsonth (Talk | contribs) deleted "Local Unit Web
Sites: Stake and Ward Web Sites -- Transition FAQs" ‎ (no longer needed)"
Someone decided the FAQ was no longer needed?
If 21:21 is the timestamp, it's currently 18:23 CST. ???

--Larry Autry

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Larry Jackson

Dec 7, 2010, 11:04:32 PM12/7/10
to LDSC
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-
-
Larry Autry:

> Someone decided the FAQ was no longer needed?

Hmmm. Does that mean we are through transitioning to the new web site?
Could have fooled me. [grin]

Larry Jackson

Jerry Rose

Dec 8, 2010, 9:06:08 AM12/8/10
to Discussion for LDS Church Ward/Stake Clerks/Secretaries
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-
-
The FAQs link has also been removed from the Help Materials for LDS.org Applications page
https://tech.lds.org/ldshelp/index.php5/Main_Page
Date stamp for last mod to that page is 7 December 2010 23:08.

When clicking on the below URL, there is this notice:
"21:21, 7 December 2010 Johnsonth (Talk | contribs) deleted "Local Unit Web
Sites: Stake and Ward Web Sites -- Transition FAQs" ‎ (no longer needed)"
Someone decided the FAQ was no longer needed?
If 21:21 is the timestamp, it's currently 18:23 CST. ???

--Larry Autry

Aaron Wright

Dec 8, 2010, 12:00:16 AM12/8/10
to Discussion for LDS Church Ward/Stake Clerks/Secretaries
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-
-
The timestamp is probably UTC, so that'd be 15:21 CST. But still, "no longer needed"?

-Aaron

On Dec 7, 2010, at 5:25 PM, Larry Autry wrote:

>> From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
> -
> -

> When clicking on the below URL, there is this notice:
> "21:21, 7 December 2010 Johnsonth (Talk | contribs) deleted "Local Unit Web
> Sites: Stake and Ward Web Sites -- Transition FAQs" ‎ (no longer needed)"
> Someone decided the FAQ was no longer needed?
> If 21:21 is the timestamp, it's currently 18:23 CST. ???
>
> --Larry Autry

Alan Brown

Dec 8, 2010, 3:01:13 PM12/8/10
On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Larry Autry <larry...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When clicking on the below URL, there is this notice:
> "21:21, 7 December 2010 Johnsonth (Talk | contribs) deleted "Local Unit Web
> Sites: Stake and Ward Web Sites -- Transition FAQs" ‎ (no longer needed)"
> Someone decided the FAQ was no longer needed?
> If 21:21 is the timestamp, it's currently 18:23 CST. ???

I've been working with the author of that FAQ to get it restored.
There was a bit of a misunderstanding as to how much of it was
obsolete now that new.lds.org has moved to lds.org.

In any case, it is now back in action. Much of the content will
change, since it was probably 75% oriented to the calendar. Those
items have been moved to the Introduction to the Calendar page. The
Transition FAQ may well move to a different title, but a redirect will
be left in place so that links to that page should not break in the
future.