LDSC: printing issues MLS Windows 7

Michael Holland

Jan 1, 2011, 4:37:30 PM1/1/11
to ldsc...@lists.mormonstoday.com
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-
I completed our Stake upgrade to the new Dell Optiplex 580's. Thank
goodness MLS 3.3 was released so we could stay with Windows 7 and be
supported.

Our stake has mostly HP Laserjet 1200's and 1300's. I tested each of them
printing from Windows and MLS. However I have been getting some calls about
slow printing. Seems to be biggest issue with things like certificates.

MLS has always been slow to print and I seem to remember having to download
a certain driver previously with XP HP Laserjet 1200MS) and in printer
properties advanced tab set it to "Print Directly To The Printer".

I did find that I can add about 64mb ram for $9.50

Any other ideas or suggestions?

I guess they could print to a pdf file first then print the pdf file. I
asked him to try that until memory comes. Haven't heard back if that helps.
Could help in the short term till memory arrives.

Michael