LDSC: Off Subject and Question

1 view

Terry R. Palmer

Dec 7, 2010, 9:04:32 AM12/7/10
to ldsc...@lists.mormonstoday.com
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-

I noticed that this list has been changed to digest only. I have tried to get it back to individual emails, but it doesn't seem to allow me to do that. My question is why was it changed to digest, which I hate, and is there a way that I can get back to individual emails?

Thanks for letting me know.

Terry R. Palmer
harddr...@verizon.net
www.ldsdcsingles.com
IM: trippal
YM: trip_pal
Or visit the LDS Clerks wiki at:
http://www.ldsclerks.org/

Alan Brown

Dec 7, 2010, 1:05:12 PM12/7/10
to Discussion for LDS Church Ward/Stake Clerks/Secretaries
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-
-
On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 7:04 AM, Terry R. Palmer
<harddr...@verizon.net> wrote:
> I noticed that this list has been changed to digest only. I have tried to get it back to individual emails, but it doesn't seem to allow me to do that. My question is why was it changed to digest, which I hate, and is there a way that I can get back to individual emails?

I just sent out a complete reminder of the list policies. But I guess
you won't get it right away, since you are now on a digest
subscription. But here are the relevant points:

>> The most common 'bounced' message is that the subscriber's mailbox is full
>> (which generally happens when you don't read your messages quickly enough).
>> Regardless of reason, if mail sent to a subscriber's address bounces for
>> more than 24 hours, the subscriber's address will be moved to the digest
>> list.

That seems like the most likely explanation for why you were surprised
to now be on the digest list.

So how do you fix it? The answer is in the list info
(http://lists.mormonstoday.com/listinfo/ldsclerks) -- there's a link
to the info at the bottom of every message. Go to the very bottom of
that page and click the "Unsubscribe or edit options" button. Then you
can change your digest mode under "Set Digest Mode."

Of course, you would also need to make sure that the underlying
problem with your email account is fixed; otherwise, the list server
will just put you right back in digest mode.

Alan Brown
Assistant Stake Clerk
Sandy Utah Crescent Stake

Larry Autry

Dec 7, 2010, 1:32:54 PM12/7/10
to Discussion for LDS Church Ward/Stake Clerks/Secretaries
>From LDSClerks: Please see bottom of this message for subscription instructions and list URL.
-
-
I am still getting separate emails with unique subjects.

--Larry Autry